The idea of "majority rules" is an enormous mistake. it means that somebody is ALWAYS unhappy.
BUT, it's impossible for everybody to be happy all the time. Now, if we can just make the infantile majority understand that, we'll have made a huge difference.
BUT, I think it's wrong that the 2 parties have convinced everybody that they are the only game in town and won the effort to exclude all other choices. It IS actually possible to have more than 2 choices; just go to any diner, anywhere.
I think that two of the ideals in our Constitution should be examined and considered more:
- "...insure domestic Tranquility, ...", and
- " ...promote the general Welfare. ..."
Our Constitution belongs to every Citizen, every American. It is the intent of our Constitution that our government SERVE every Citizen, every American. That means regardless of anything else. That means that regardless of party, we should expect our government to SERVE every one of us according to our Constitution.
We have, of course, been usurped by incompetents, criminals and miscreants who serve only themselves. That doesn't mean we should throw up our hands and give up. While I'm, personally, for taking up arms, hopefully, that won't be necessary.
But it's either going to be either democrats or republicans and, as far as I'm concerned, neither care about the American people or the country; they only care about getting elected and controlling everything.
Still, I'm writing about the ideal which is that our government is intended to SERVE all of us.
I owe NOTHING to any party. I'm only interested in what the country and we need.
It's a very common and very bad habit of most homo sapiens to want to ignore complaints about their behavior. Just the opposite is needed, especially by organizations that claim to serve the public. The first thing that should happen when there is a complaint is that somebody should record the complaint. What is often the case, is that there is more than one complaint about the same thing. That means that there is genuinely a problem that needs to be addressed.
Right now conservatives and liberals just call each other names and believe ridiculous things about each other.
Here's the thing; I'm neither and both. I'm very liberal about some things and quite conservative about other things. You, reading this, who think you know me, may imagine that you know what I believe and what I prefer but you don't.
And, I can tell you that both democrats and republicans lie constantly about what they stand for. They stand for getting re-elected and not much else lately. They have nice cushy jobs and haven't done much substantive work for a long time. And, many of them have enjoyed the life of celebrities and have got used to being treated as such. They think they're special. They think we need them.
I think, among the general population, many people have stopped thinking and simply react, in politics, based on what one of the parties says; no real thinking. They've been told by people with microphones that this or that is true and they've believe it, including that the "other side" is bad or evil. Bullshit.
Ordinary people are just people. Most of us just want to live our lives and not have to fight for every little enjoyment. Most people just want a decent job, a decent place to live, decent food, time to enjoy what they enjoy and to be left alone. The 2 parties have convinced too many people that that's all in jeopardy because of the "other side". Bullshit.
I'm mostly liberal. Most of what, publicly, conservative representatives say is bullshit but so is what a lot of liberals say. Most of what most people say is NOT what they actually do. Most ordinary people just go to work, come home and try to make the life they want and repeat that, over and over, for most of their lives.
I'm OK with everybody living their lives however they want; it's none of my business. Those who make a lot of noise and interfere with the lives of other people are fucked up and should be shut up and locked up for some period of time and counseled about the error of their thinking and their behaviors. How I live my life is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, ever, and vice versa. I will not interfere with you; don't interfere with me. My choices are my choices and vice versa. That should be the basis of our laws; non-interference and choice.
A lot needs to be fixed. A lot of our infrastructure which needs to be expanded, is in bad shape. That alone is a lot to fix. Education IS important. Just because the current president is a lazy, privileged, hateful person who think he already knows everything and knows almost nothing, doesn't mean our country doesn't need educated Citizens; he just doesn't want to have to argue with people who are more intelligent than he is. Wealth and corruption seem to go hand in hand and need to be addressed but always has. The wealthy want power to hang on to their advantages and we've been hoodwinked into accepting their bullshit That can stop immediately. I'm not opposed to fighting to get things right.
In any case, the intent of this post is that both liberals and conservatives have the right to have a lot of what they want, in our country. We can disagree but we can both, really, have most of what we each want, without hurting each other, if we just accept that we're all Americans and Citizens and it's possible to live and let live; right next door to each other.
Just because you believe a certain thing that you think justifies your behavior doesn't mean that it does. YOU ARE NOT MORE RIGHTEOUS than I am; believe me.
You can have what you want as long as you don't force EVERYBODY to live the way you want them to. NOBODY has the right to tell anyone else how to live. That should be an amendment. I may think you're an idiot and a horrible person but, as long as you leave me alone, I'll treat you with courtesy and respect.
We can have a great country again. Once we get rid of these CREEPS. (They're not creeps because they're republicans. Whatever they say they are is a lie. They're just creeps, incompetents and criminals).
Liberals and Conservatives can each have what they want and we can all live together -- peacefully, if we just mind our own business.
No comments:
Post a Comment