Thursday, May 9, 2024

Reviving my Presidential Campaign (just for fun)

We need a president and other representatives who can stand in front of reality and make decisions that benefit the majority of Americans; not people who cling to concepts that cannot solve currents needs.

Not Trump

Not Biden

Not RFK, Jr.

Not anyone else that I know of who is currently running.

Even Pete Buttigieg has disappointed me lately, although I think he's the most intelligent person in D. C.

So....

I believe that a thinking person will be conservative about some things and liberal about others.  I believe that I'm such a person.  I know that I'm conservative thinking about some things and liberal thinking about others because that's what I think works.  

One needs to look at a view of the life of every American and what they need to live their life.

It is NOT the function of ANY of our representatives to decide what that life should be but to facilitate, as much as possible, and to remove as many obstacles as possible to fulfilling that life.  As long as that life does NOT interfere with another's.

Over the next weeks, I will post an analysis and interpretation of our Constitution, as I see it and as I, as an educated person, believe the founders intended it.  And, BTW, they didn't live in a world anything like the world we live in today and they're all DEAD, so what they might do now is COMPLETELY IRREVELANT.  Still, I will read the words of our Constitution and explain what I think they intended.

I have not yet read the Federalist Papers and I'm guessing that most of you have not either.  I will attempt to read them, understand them and refer to them, if I think they are relevant to our existing Constitution which is the basis of our country's operations and laws.  Our Founding Fathers did not agree on everything but they signed our Constitution.

I will, also, over the next weeks, outline various policies I would like to see in place, that I think would make the lives of most Americans better and to live easier in relationship to each other and our country as a whole.  We, after all, live in a country, a society; we are not isolated from each other, except in our own minds.

More soon....




No comments:

Post a Comment